Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mission Call

My mission call came!
I opened it last night at 6:30. All of my immediate family was there, as well as my Uncle Gerry and his family, my mom's parents, ans my friends Eliza, Caitlin, Sam and my cousin Eric. Breanna and Lex were listening on the phone. Some people invite a billion people to open their call, but I only wanted a few people there.

I have been called to the Argentina, Neuquen Mission! And I'm leaving September 28! I'm very excited, and very overwhelmed right now! It looks like this mission will be full of lots of opposites: it extremely cold in winter, and extremely warm in summer. The two main trades there are agriculture and oil, so there will be very rich people and very poor people. It's going to be crazy!

After I opened my call, most of us went to "El Matador".
Then some of us went to Yogurt Stop.


It was such a wonderful day and I am so glad I have made the decision to serve a mission. I know it's going to be one of the most difficult things I ever do, but that I will learn so much and that I will be so grateful for the experience.

2 comments:

Jefferson said...

CONGRATULATIONS, BRETLEIGH!!!! THAT IS SO EXCITING!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! I had better get to see you before you leave.

Bretleigh said...

JEFFERSON!!!! Hearing from you put a smile on my face! I freaking love you! And thank you! I'm so excited!