Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Opera

During Singin' In the Rain I promised myself that I would not do a show at all next school year. I just need to work so that I can pay for school and such. Plus, I will be taking super hard classes, and it's my piano proficiency test next semester!

Yesterday at my Jury (where I go sing the semester's repertoire for the voice department and they grade me), when I was done singing, Dr. Brookens said, "Are you doing the Opera next year?" I said no. Then she said, "Well, you have to. I want you to be in it, ok?" She is the head of the Vocal Department. I couldn't say no. So I said yes. DANG IT!!!!!

It's going to be another year of having no life, and stressing out, and not earning much money. I just need to realize that that is always how it is going to be for me.

No comments: