Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Monday, August 16, 2010

Millstream Sacrament Meetings always have the answers

So yesterday I prayed that I would find something in church that I needed to hear. I'm just really worried about starting school again. It's so mundane and I just really don't like it very much and don't feel like I can handle the stress.I found what I needed in sacrament meeting. My ward has the most amazing sacrament meetings ever. Really. Today the Stake Patriarch talked to us. And he talked to us about always changing and not being too comfortable in one place. He told us to be aware of when we are in a groove, and make sure it doesn't become a rut, and eventually turn into a grave. I feel like my whole life is in a groove because I have had just school and work for a year and I have three more years of it. BUT, some thoughts came to me while I was listening: while I am in that groove, I need to make sure that my spirituality is not, and that it is always progressing. I can also get more schoolwork done ahead of time so that I am not as stressed and miserable. I also need to give myself some time for socializing this year. I think that is why last year at school wasn't so great. So now I have figured out what I need to do! I am really grateful for personal revelation!



And, just for fun, here is a random story from my past that amuses me. Enjoy:

Once upon a time, when I was a little sophomore in high school, I had a major crush on this kid who sat by me in seminary. I liked him for a really long time; until I started my senior year actually. And then, as I was meeting a lot of new people, I realized that even if this person was actually interested in me someday after his mission like I had previously dreamed of, I really didn't ever want to be with him. Yeah he was funny, cute, a good singer, and very spiritual, but he didn't work hard in school and liked stuff like motorcycles. So, I didn't think about him at all after that.

Eight months later, his mom came by the choir room and gave Larry his mission address and told him to give it out to people because he was in need of letters. So I decided to write him a letter. He wrote back, and I felt so stupid so I waited a really long time to write back (like a month before he was coming home). He came home a couple months ago and we became friends on Facebook. I thought it would be nice to see where he went in life. So I have noticed that we are always online at the same time but I already feel really dumb for writing him and decided I was going to leave him alone forever more. Yesterday, he started talking to me on Facebook. And suddenly, I was that little 16 year old again. I FREAKED OUT!!! Like I really have not acted like that in so long! It's like I lost 5 years off my age in that moment, and I have been laughing at myself ever since. I am just really glad no one was there to see me be dumb except my sisters, but they are 12 and 14 so they think the way I acted is normal. I have since regained my composure.

I just thought I would share that. The End.

No comments: