Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Last Day of Being a Teenager!!!!

Some people are most excited to turn 16 so that they can drive and date. Other people are the most excited to turn 18 because they are adults. I have been waiting all of my life to turn 20; I don't really know why. And tomorrow I wil be 20!!!!! FINALLY! It feels like I should have been 20 a long time ago.

Not that I didn't love being a teenager. As we all know, I absolutely LOVED Jr. High and High School. It's been a great decade! Here are some great things that have happened:
- I made friends that have uplifted me and made me a better person. Most of those friendships are still going strong, and I know that they will continue to.
- I developed many talents, and decided which ones I wanted to stick with and which ones I didn't. Developing these different talents guided me to where I am now in school and my job and they have just had a huge impact in my life.
- Through good times and bad, I was able to gain a testimony of Jesus Christ and His Church. I have learned to apply the Atonement in my life. These things have given me strength in my teen years and I know I will need to rely even more on my Savior in the years to come, because life is only going to get more difficult and confusing.

These years have made me into who I am, and are the basis for who I am going to be. A lot of people look back on their teen years thinking, "I was so stupid" or "I wish I hadn't done that" and stuff like that, but I look back with...pride? Is that an ok word to use in this case? I am happy with what I was able to accomplish. I haven't been perfect in any way, but I have been able to learn from everything that has happened in my life thus far, and it has helped me be better.

The 3rd decade of my life is about to begin, and I'm ready!!!!

No comments: