Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Friday, September 23, 2011

Preach My Gospel

So, before you enter the MTC, you get a letter telling you to go to this website and watch some episodes of "The District" hahaha. I think it's way funny.

Anyway, I watched all 6 episodes and guess what?! I am SO excited to leave! I was so missionary oriented when I turned in my mission papers, but I have spent the last 3.5 months preparing for the physical needs of my mission, that I haven't thought much about the spiritual part where I actually, you know, share the Gospel. Does that make me a bad person? Maybe. But watching those episodes and writing my "Farewell" talk today really brought me back to why I am doing this.

I love this Gospel. Following Jesus Christ brings me more happiness than anything else does. It even brings me far more happiness than musical theater does (You're shocked, I know!). It defines me and every choice that I make, and I could not imagine my life without it.

1 comment:

Eliza said...

BRETLEIGH!! :) I am so happy and excited for you! You are going to be a wonderful missionary! (I LOVE your picture, by the way.) I am sad I couldn't come to your farewell talk, and say goodbye one last time. But know that I am thinking of you and praying for you. I LOVE YOU!!!