Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Sunday, October 9, 2011

MTC Email #2

Hello!!!! How are you all doing?! How is Oklahoma going? I have been praying for you guys everyday!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE only send me one email a week. I can email all of the members of my immediate family, but since I only have a half an hour to read ALL of my emails AND respond to them, just send me one a week. Instead, You can send me emails through dearelder.com. It's waaaaay better because they print it out and give it to me that same day and then I can read your letters more than once and I can carry you all with me haha :)

So, here is how the MTC has been since I last emailed you:

Conference was AWESOME!!! Everything was so helpful for the missionaries. We were all so excited about the messages that were shared. I loved it.

Hermana Nelson and I have taught three more lessons in Spanish. They all went much better, and the Spirit was there, although we had to write down everything we wanted to say. Our district had to teach lessons Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Now we are actually learning how to teach before we teach again. The new program is designed so we can see what we can do just with the authority of our calling, even though we've been taught nothing about how to teach. I guess it's a good idea, although it stressed me out like no other. Yesterday, our teacher, Hermano Grua, asked us how we felt about the experience of teaching everyday when we don't know what were doing. Here are a few choice answers that made me laugh way hard:
Elder Kimball, "I feel like I'm trying to move a billion pounds with my mind".
Elder Hoth, "It's like I broke off both my legs and had to walk to Argentina".
hahahaha I think those are hilarious answers! I absolutely love my district. The other Hermanas are so wonderful and we all get along so well. The Elders are some of the funniest people I've ever met, and we all know I've met quite a few hilarious people! They seem to have caught on to the fact that I am a great person to make fun off since I actually enjoy it and laugh when people make fun of me. Pretty much our district is the best of friends. We all try to do everything we can together. I feel like I've known all of these people for forever. It's so weird.
Today at the temple, I was thinking about how the last time I was at the temple (the day before I entered the MTC), I was bawling hysterically in the Celestial room, asking for the courage and strength to leave everyone I love for 18 months. And then I was thinking about all of the blessings I have already recieved in the 8 days I've been here: My testimony has been strengthened so much, and I have learned so many new things in the scriptures and from conference and from devotionals. I have been given an awesome companion who I love, and we get along so well. I love my teachers, and I love my district, and I have never had a problem with a single person. I love my roomates so much, too. Hermana Nelson and I room with 4 other Hermanas, all going to the States. They are all hilarious, and they are so nice, and we all get along so well. I don't think it's normal for someone to love the MTC as much as I do. I'm so blessed.

So, I forgot to tell you! I ran into my cousin! Cadie came to my room the first day I got to the MTC. I saw here a few times after that until she left on the 3rd. Tender! And I have also talked to Sarah Vandegrift, Amy Clark, Bryan Dawson, Andrew Wood, Mrs. Jones and this kid from the WSU concert choir. It has been great seeing so many people!

I really am loving life right now. It has definitely been difficult at moments, but I know Heavenly Father is with me, so I can't really complain. I love you all and hope things are going well for you!

Also mom, thanks for the documents. And I have an eye lash curler. Thanks Rae, for the letter! Keep 'em coming!

Love,

Hermana Bretleigh Sandorf

No comments: