Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Thursday, October 27, 2011

MTC Email #4

Ok so my email is going to be short because I was trying to email pictures to you but it´s not working. ugh!

So, this week has gone by so fast! I don´t even know what to tell you! I can´t remember what I´ve said and what I haven´t.

Here are a bunch of things I need to say before I forget: The package you sent me was so adorable! I showed my whole district my Ariel pillowcase! I'm obsessed with it! Thank you! And thank you for all of the dearElders. Keep them coming! haha. I will write everyone eventually. Can I have Grandpa and Grandma's address please? And, can I have my own address for the mission field? I need to know it. Send me these in a dearElder or letter so I can keep it. Also, do I get a plaque in the 10th ward? Everyone was talking about the scripture they chose for their plaque, and then I realized I didn't have one. Which is ok, I was just wondering.
Ok, now on to the good stuff!

Taylor and Matt came to the MTC yesterday, and I got to see both of them! It was especially adorable when I saw Elder Smith because, you know, we are both a little cheesy and overly dramatic haha. Pretty sure some people where laughing at us because I was talking in my excited high pitched voice and with a huge cheesy smile on my face, and we kept shaking hands. It was way funny. And I've seen Elder Simmonds like 3 times already, and he's only been here 24 hours! They are both going to be such amazing missionaries. I'm so proud of them! I have also talked to Elder Dawson quite a few times. I love my musical friends!

This week in classes, we have really been focusing on how to get investigators to pray with us there in each lesson. It's pretty tricky, since we have to do it in Spanish. But yesterday, Hermana Nelson and I had an amazing lesson with Ezra. I was able to speak in Spanish without any notes, and we got him to pray for us. The Spirit was SO strong and during his prayer I started to cry. Then I remembered that he wasn't actually a real investigator and I was a little bummed, but still way happy that it was such a great lesson. It makes me want to go to Argentina now!

We also get to do this thing called TRC, which is where we teach volunteers in Spanish. They are usually members. We really enjoy those because the people are so thrilled to be around missionaries, so even though we slaughter their language, they do nothing but compliment us. It's great.

The best part of the week was when Elder Richard G. Scott came and spoke and our Tuesday devotional. You could just feel the love that he had for us. He talked about how to better listen to the Spirit, and he also gave us a lot of counsel on what to do after our missions. It's been interesting, because since I have been here at the MTC I have received way more personal revelation regarding me when I come home than I have about my mission, although I have received plenty about that too.

I absolutely love this Gospel. It really is the greatest thing ever. Every day I realize even more how blessed I am to have the Church in my life. I'm so happy that I am on a mission, and that I will get to share the joy I receive from the Gospel with others!

No comments: