Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Thursday, July 17, 2008

One of My Greatest W.W.O.B.s

This is one of the first W.W.O.B.s I ever gave. Eliza, Mindy, Brianne and Dani all think it is very profound. I am sure you will think likewise.

Being your best does not mean be the best.
What does this have to do with anything? I will explain:

It seems to me that the people I associate with all have the tendency to over-achieve. Now, it is very good that they are working hard and trying to reach their full potentials; however, sometimes they are working hard for the wrong reasons. They do it only because they are trying to compete with other people, and because they want to be the best. I do not think that this is a beneficial way to look at things. I think that one should simply be satisfied with being the best that they, personally, can be. That doesn't mean being a quitter, but succeed with reasonable expectations. There will always be someone better than you.

Here is the situation that caused me to give this W.W.O.B:

Mindy is a very smart girl. She has beautiful red hair, and amazing soccer skills. She is just great! She is so very smart and tries hard to do well in school. The only problem is, she wants to have over 100% in every single class. Now, that is a good goal, but unrealistic. As an eighth grader it might work out, but once you get to high school, that might just not work out so well. Also, Mindy gets mad when she doesn't have those grades, even when they are all As in the 93-99% range! It is just not healthy.


Concerned for Mindy, I came up with this W.W.O.B. I have heard similar sayings before, so I know I am not the first person to be so brilliant.

Please apply this lesson to your life. It will help you so much.

No comments: