Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Current Feelings on General Ed Requirements

I was just looking at my first blog post. It was "Are AP Classes Worth It?" I came to the conclusion that they are worth it. Now, a year and a half later, I know that AP classes are THE GREATEST THING EVER!!! haha not really, but in college they have truly saved my life. I got 18 credits in high school. If I hadn't gotten those credits I would have had to take a summer semester (almost all music majors have too. Our requirements are insane). I finished math and history and half of my english requirement in high school. Now my only regret is that I didn't take any sciences. I have to take THREE science classes to get my degree in music. grrrrr.... guess what?! I HATE SCIENCE!!! I really do! Biology, chemistry, physics, you name it. I have always managed to get As in it but I just hate it and don't get how it benefits my life in anyway.

This next semester I am taking two sciences: Chemistry (which in high school was a million times harder for me than calculus was), and Elementary Public Health. I am hoping that this class will be more interesting and help me to not hate my science classes so much. But on the bright side, I will only have one more science class after this semester, and then I can focus on my favorite kind of general ed requirement: social sciences!!! I LOVE those classes a lot! If I had time for a minor, then it would be in Human and Family Development. I am purposely saving most of my social sciences for last because I love them.

That is all.

No comments: