Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Monday, December 28, 2009

Looking Back at 2009

Good Things:
  • I was in "Annie" (Is that good? I'm not sure haha)
  • I was in "Thoroughly Modern Millie"
  • I recieved a lot of scholarships: Presidential at WSU, U of U and BYU-I. And half tuition at BYU.
  • I accomplished all of my BHS choir goals: Singing a song at the Valentine Concert, Singing a solo, and getting that solo recorded on the CD.
  • CHOIR TRIP!!!
  • BHS 2009 Speech/Drama Sterling Scholar
  • HAWAII
  • I purchased my very own car in cash, and it is pretty nice for someone my age!
  • I graduated with a 3.98 from high school.
  • I got another job working at RMT.
  • I have gained some more best friends!
  • I survived my first semester of college and have a 3.97.
  • There were a million more!

Bad Things:

  • I lost a best friend.
  • I had my first heartbreak and it STUNK!
  • I realized that I was not supposed to go to BYU, which was my dream.
  • I didn't get accepted into the U's voice program.

Because of all of these events:

  • I have many precious friendships.
  • I have learned to be more independent.
  • I have become amazing at managing money!
  • Most importantly, and most prominently, I have learned a lot about the Atonement. I've realized more than ever before that it is not just used to be forgiven of our sins, but that Christ truly knows how we feel at all times. No matter how alone we might feel, He knows how we feel and he's always there. I have grown so close to Him and my Heavenly Father this year.

2009 was crazy! It has been more eventful, exciting, dissapointing, and joyful than any year ever has been before! And I'm grateful to see that the worst moments in life turn out to be good for you and you truly learn the most during those times.

I can't wait to see what 2010 will bring!