Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bratlame: A Term of Endearment

Jacob and Myself
Ok, I never really had a strange nickname growing up. My mom called me Bret, but everyone else called me Bretleigh. In 7th grade, my friends started calling me Bret too. At the beginning of Senior year, Caitlin Leger, one of my best friends, started calling me Bretlet. Just this past February, my dear friend Jacob Cardinal, and one of my best friends, Sam Johnson, started calling me Bratlame Sandork. That sounds very mean, but pretty much mine and Jacob's whole relationship is making fun of each other. It's really weird to me that we are friends sometimes. Anyway, so Sam and Jake still call me Bratlame, and I actually respond to it. Suprisingly, I have grown quite fond of the name. I was just realizing that I will miss people calling me that when I go to college. That is all



One picture is of me and Sam. One is of me and Cailtin. You can figure it out.

1 comment:

Sam Johnson said...

Bratlame thank you for posting the most unflattering picture of me ever. Let us hang out someday.

Also I saw Guy Gibbons walking up 5th south today and laughed a little.