Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Monday, August 3, 2009

Les Miserables

So for my Senior year I was in Musical at BHS once again. The year before had been fun, and I loved the experience, but all of my friends had been seniors and I really didn't have friends my own age in musical. I was more excited for senior year because I was a lead. Not only was I a lead, but I was my DREAM ROLE!! I was Fantine in Les Miserables. So I knew that Musical would be fun, but I was still scared about the friend situations. I needn't have worried, though! After about a month into musical I made friends! Many Friends! In fact, after musical ended they remained my friends! The only problem is, they were mostly jrs. so now it is I leaving them behind. It is very sad. ANYWAY, Les Mis was incredible!!! I had Holly Jo Samuelson, who was the Fantine Understudy on Broadway, help me out (lucky me that she was the music director of a performing group I was in at Rodgers!). I already knew I could sing the part, but she helped me with acting A LOT!!! We had ten shows of Les Mis, and it was single cast so I was very lucky. Usually at BHS there are two casts and eight shows, so I had two and a half the amount of shows as my friends who were leads in the other musicals we did. It was seriously the best experience of my life so far! President Eyring came (his grandaughter was in it), and he started the standing ovation. He hugged all the leads after with tears in his eyes and told us we were wonderful! Closing night was insane! It was so packed that we put more chairs in all of the aisles. As I died in the show, I started to cry because it was my last scene. Hopefully that made it more emotional. At the end when I come to take Valjean to heaven, I cried more. But I could still sing! It was so amazing and I had serious withdrawals. In fact, I still do sometimes. I am a bit afraid that that was my last chance to be a lead. The best part of the performance was coming out after and meeting people I had never met and having them tell me that I touched their lives. It was so great! I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for giving that opportunity.

No comments: