Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Monday, August 3, 2009

A Capella 2009 Choir Trip!

This year the choir went to San Diego and Anaheim! I was very happy because Disneyland is my favorite place in the world, and I had always wanted to go with friends. I got to go with about 110 friends! It was awesome! On Sunday April 5, 2009 the A Capella Choir left in two huge buses for San Diego at 6 pm. We drove through the night and arrived at about 7 am on Monday. Sleeping on a bus seat is not that comfortable, but my bus partner, and one of my best friends (yes, I have more than one best friend. I have six), Breanna Wanlass, figured out a system where one of us would sleep an the ground. We switched off every two hours. Needless to say, everyone was exhausted when we got there.

We went to the beach for a couple of hours and then we went to Sea World! I had never been there before and it was a lot of fun! While watching one of the shows, I was pooped on my head by a bird. So was the girl sitting next to me, Brett Lalli (it was really confusing having her in my grade, whether they used her full name or just her first name I thought everyone was calling my name!). It was gross. After Sea World, we went to a Mexican Buffet in old town. We were soooo tired by then. When we got to our hotel we conked out immediately! My hotel room consisted of Me, Breanna, Laura Dearden and Lakyn Bright. We had ordered Disney pillowcases for the trip!

The next day we went to Point Loma University for a workshop. Then we sang in a cathedral in old Town San Diego. Then we shopped. That was one of my favorite parts of the trip! Then we sang at St. Paul's Cathedral, and another chapel made of glass. That evening we went to Anaheim and my roomates and I went to Mimi's Cafe. Breanna dressed like a hippie for fun. Our waiter was LDS!

The next day we went to DISNEYLAND!!! We were so excited we were dancing into the park. We were very good at getting to all of the important rides multiple times. We performed in the park that day too. It was awesome to sing in Disneyland.
The next day we went to the Crystal Cathedral and sang. Then we went to the Holywood Bowl, the Farmer's Market, and Santa Monica Pier. For dinner we ate a Bubba Gump's, and then we split in half. Half of us had chosen to go see the Broadway Touring Company of Mamma Mia, the other half chose to go to an Angel's game. Unfortunately, the pitcher had died and so they just went back to the hotel instead. But I chose Mamma Mia (of course). We stopped by Grauman;s Chinese Theater first. I had always wanted to go there and get a picture of John Wayne's footprints because in my favorite episode of I Love Lucy, Lucy steals his footprints! Then we went to the Pantages Theatre. The show was really well done, but Mamma Mia is not that thrilling of a show to begin with. But I love Abba music so it was awesome.

The next day we went to Disneyland again, and this time we did a workshop and recorded our singing. That night we drove home. It was such a fun trip! It was so fun to see the lives we touched through our music. Music is so powerful, and everyone can understand messages conveyed through music. It was really special, and it bonded our choir more. It was amazing!!!!!

No comments: