Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Thursday September 25, 2008

That was the final dress rehearsal for Les Mis. I still remember it because it was super fun and stressful! (plus I wrote about it in my journal)We barely got the music in time for the final rehearsal (it's a looong story); we had been singing along to a cast recording or with the piano before final rehearsal. The rehearsal went well, but everyone was a little nervous about how we were going to sing with the music perfectly when we had only sung with that music once. After we ran the show once, we had time to go get dinner. I went to Keva with Lex. When we came back, Grant, Cody, Jonathan, Tanner, Joe, and Bryan were rapping and it was so funny and clever! I am still amazed by their talent! Then we had a dance party backstage. Then we sat on the stage and just sang the show. But Sam (Valjean) was very sick and so he didn't sing. And I was feeling a sickness coming on, and panicking! I had worked so hard to stay healthy (Vitamin C, tons of water, sleep-kinda, excercise, etc.), but my throat had begun hurting a little that morning. So I chose to not sing as well. So me, Sam, Jon Beach, and Rachel Cole sat in the back and just talked the whole time instead. We laughed at Beach because he is tone deaf (he laughed with us), and then we realized that Fantine was the only character not in "One Day More". So we decided that I should fly above the cast as an angel singing a descant. For some reason, we thought this was really funny! Then we all went home and had friday off to prepare for saturday: opening night!



These were my knees that night. Fantine gets thrown to the floor a lot! OUCH!!

No comments: