Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Lexi

Lexi and I have been best friends since 5th grade. That is a very long time! We were debate partners in sixth grade, locker partners for all of jr high, and we went to EFY together in high school. Plus we've done about a million other things together! So today she called me and asked me if I wanted to hang out with her. Of course, I said yes! She said she really wanted to go to the temple tonight. I thought that was a brilliant Idea!!!! So we went. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful friend who keeps me on the straight and narrow. Plus, Lex ALWAYS makes me laugh! Tonight after we went to the temple we went to Target and just looked at stuff and didn't buy anything. We realized tonight that we visited Target for no reason many times throughout the years: in elementary school, jr. high, high school, and now college. We are pretty predictable! Lex and I have way too many memories to count, but here are some of my favorites:

*In fifth grade, we both wanted highlights in our hair SO BADLY!!!! Everyday at recess we would talk about the colors we would choose, blah blah blah. So one day at my house we got a brilliant idea: we would take my gold gel pens, break them in half, and streak our hair with them. Yeah it was way awesome!!!!! It made a mess, but our hair looked so cool! haha
*In sixth grade, Lex discovered that she had the ability to talk like a southern baptist preacher. So, at recess, she would stand on a bench and start yelling, "Brothas and sistas, you need to repent!....."and people would gather around her. At this point I would use my fantastic vocal skills and sing Hallelujahs and such in the background of her sermon. Everyone thought we were insane.
*In seventh grade, Lex would always try to make me miss the bus after school. We shared a locker, and at the end of the day she would take out my violin or my shoes or something I needed and chuck it down the hall as far as she could, and then when I was trying to run after them she would tackle me to the ground so I couldn't reach it..We both would be screaming and wrestling and laughing and causing a big scene. It is really strange I know but it really was fun!
*In ninth grade, we did a duet of "Homeward Bound" for solo and ensemble. We did really well and ended up with a 1 at Region, which is a high as a jr. high kid can get. People would come up to us in the halls of school and ask us to sing the song, and we would sing it acapella for everyone. And everyone was so impressed with our harmonies. We thought we were so cool.
Lex and I really have a really strange friendship, if you can't tell. And we pretty much were the entertainment for the people around us until about jr. year when we calmed down a little bit. It's been crazy, but I love it! And I Love Lexi!

No comments: