Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Sunday, November 21, 2010

I'm Thankful For: Susan

Did I ever think I'd say those words? HECK NO! If you recall, Susan is a choregrapher who was the biggest stress of my life in "Thoroughly Modern Millie" at RMT. I had worked with her before and had really liked her, but after Millie I had some bad feelings toward her.

Susan is also the choreographer for "A Christmas Carol". Since the dancing is easy, she doesn't have to yell at me anymore. The other night was her final rehearsal with us, since she is going out of town, and it was very emotional for her- it was her last night at Rodgers ever. As she was talking about her memories at RMT, she said, "And when Bretleigh sang tonight, I just cried! She has such a beautiful voice and I remember when she was just little and not as confident. She does such a great job.

Wow. I felt so guilty after that. And then, I realized everything Susan has done for me. My dancing skills have improve 100% because of her. Plus her choreography is so fun to dance! I still dance the dances I learned from her a long time ago. Yep.

No comments: