Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Argentina #4

OH MY GOSH!!!! IT¨S 2012!!!! I can´t believe it! I hope you all had the greatest time. I also had a great time. Here is what I did for New Year´s Eve:
We have a three day pday. It started Saturday afternoon. We visited a part member family. They fed us fruit salad (It´s pretty much just fresh fruit coctail. It´s a dessert here). Then we went and visited Rebeca, an Investigator. She is pretty old and lives alone. Her husband died a few years ago and he was the love of her life. She cries about him often, but it´s with happiness, and it´s really cute. Anyway, Rebeca was so excited to be celebrating the New Year with somebody (even though it was 3:00 in the afternoon)that she went crazy and bought a ton of food. She was so excited, and it cost her so much money. So what did I have to do? Eat as much a I possibly could. I did a lot of praying. haha. I was pretty proud of myself, and I didn´t feel too full, so I was really happy. Then we stopped by our favorite family- Familia Milano. They are Gitano (gypsies), and they are the sweetest people I have ever known. The Dad said, ¨We know that you have to go back to your home at 9:30, but we would consider it a blessing if you would eat dinner with us before hand. We don´t have very much, but what we have, we always share, because it was given to us by God and so it´s not ours to keep. And we know that your families are missing you right now, but let us be your family today.¨ It was so nice of them. Then they fed us delicious food, but I was still full, and it was difficult to eat. I kinda wanted to die. My teachers in the MTC always told me that holidays are miserable because you feel sick and have to eat food when you don´t want to. It´s totally true! haha We asked the family if we could share scriptures from the Bible with them. They said yes. We all read scriptures about Jesus Christ and talked about Him. And seriously, these gitanos (not all, but this family) understand more about Jesus Christ and His love and Sacrifice a lot more than most people. It was a very touching experience. Then we went home, ate ice cream, watched all the neighbors light fireworks, and went to bed.

For new Year´s day, after church we all went to Caleta Olivia. I am there right now. Our whole Zone is together and we´re pretty much just eating crap and lighting fireworks. Yep, that´s what I do for fun now! Haha

So this past week, we found a ton of new investigators! We´re pretty excited! And at one house, we clapped at the gate. The lady opened the door and said, ¨What do you want?!¨ and I was scared, but I said, ¨We´re missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of-¨and She cut me off and said, ¨Oh! Mormons! Yes I want to talk with you!¨ And I was in shock, and she thought I didn´t understand, and so then she started talking in pretty decent English! haha It was a weird experience.
Something random about Pico Truncado, It´s a city where everyone works in Petrolium. Hence the photo of us with a Petrolium thing. They are everywhere on the outskirts of town.

I love you all very much! good luck with this new year! It´s looking good to me!
Love,

Bretleigh


No comments: