Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Sunday, January 1, 2012

MTC #9

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! Today is my preparation day, and unfortunately we only have 2 hours to get everything done. Ugh. This is the worst week ever to getting ready to leave, because the mail, haircuts, and store are closed for 4.5 days. Family! I got your package! Thank you! I loved the letters and treats and CDs! My district was so happy to get more pumpink bread! And Breanna, THANK YOU for the cookies! I was way happy! I don't have time to write letters this week so thise is all that you get-sorry! I almost didn't get the package. Elder Hudgins walked into our classroom last night and said, "Hna. Sweet and Sandorf, you have packages and the mailroom closes in 7 minutes, and it won't be opened except for lunch on Saturday." So the two of us literally ran all of the way there, and once we got there we realized neither of us had an I.D. card to get into the building. We both just rely on our companions to swipe the doors, and they were back in the classroom. And no one was around because everything was closing. Finally, we chased some sisters down and used their card. I am sure they thought we were crazy! haha
 
I have my travel plans! Here you go:
Monday, November 28: SLC 11:25 AM. Arrive in Atlanta Georgia at 5:06 PM. Head for Buenos Aires at 7:50 PM. Arrive at 7:55 AM the next day. Then buses to the mission.
I can call you at one of the airports. I have no idea which one, it just depends on how much time I have. I will definitely be calling from the U.S. though. I have no idea of the time difference between here and Atlanta- I'm sure you can figure it out though. It's going to be a very short call- like 5 minutes. So if you don't get to talk to me it's ok. I'll be calling in one month! All the RMs who teach here say that calling is actually really wierd and not very exciting for the missionaries- interesting, huh?
Elder Snelson asked me if I was ok with the travel plans. Apparently, everytime travel plans are mentioned, I get a panicked look on my face. I told him that flying on airplanes is probably my least favorite thing ever, and that I was worried I wouldn't be able to carry all of my luggage, or that I would get lost- especially in the Atlanta Airport! And I won't have a companion (well, I will be in a trio with Elder Kimball and Elder Hudgins, but that doesn't really count) so I was afraid the Elders would walk way faster than me and I would get lost .I really was so stressed out! But Elder Snelson and Elder King promised that they would make sure I was ok. And so did Elder Kimball and Elder Hudgins. They came up with a bunch of plans to make sure I'm ok. So don't worry about me while I'm traveling! I will be ok. I feel way less stressed out about it now.
So we had the most amazing experience in class the other day. The Spirit was really strong, and all of the sudden, Hermano Snyder said, "the Spirit is telling me we need to stop our lesson and each write down the personal revelation we are recieving right now." And so we did. For an hour. For every single one of us, we just kept recieving more and more revelation. The Spirit in the room was really intense. After an hour, we said a prayer of thanks together, for all that we had learned. It was so wonderful.
Our three investigators are being baptized this Saturday! We have to plan and have a baptismal service, even though it's all pretend. I'm glad that it is treated so relistically.
All of Hna. Nelson and my roomates left on Monday. Now we just have the room to ourselves since no new missionaries came in this week. It's so weird. But our suitcases are spread out all over the floor. I'm actually pretty close to being done packing!
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving day today! I have so much to be Thankful for! God has allowed me to help Him in His work. He has allowed me to represent His Son, and bring His children unto Him. Wow. I am so grateful that I made the decision to come on a mission! I'm so excited to leave for Argentina on Monday! Yay!
I love you all!

No comments: