Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Argentina #5

Hi! So last Tuesday I received dearElders from Lexi, Laura, and Delma. Yeah, it takes awhile for me to get them. Thank you so much! I will write you as soon as I can! Today, I recieved christmas cards from Brandon and Lynne, and Mike and DeeDee.Thank you! Your kids are so cute!!!! Sorry if it takes me a million years to respond, We are never in our pensiĆ³n during p-day. We´re always doing something, so I barely have time to write. Last p-day our whole zone was together for the new year. We played soccer. Oh my goodness! Latinos are amazing at soccer! I was in awe of their soccer skills. From that game, I got my first sunburn. I had done so well with sunscreen, but that streak of luck ended. I have recovered, my skin has peeled off, and now I look normal again!


My first transfer is done. I can´t believe it! But, as I expected, I am still in Pico Truncado training with Hna Arcos. I´m glad because we have a lot of work to do!
So the other day, we went to an appointment, but the lady wasn´t there. We were bummed, but all of the sudden, we felt like we should clap at all the gates of the houses on that street. It was so weird, I felt like there was someone on that street who desperately needed the message we have to share. We clapped and clapped, but no one answere at any of the houses. At the second to last house, a woman answered, but said she was too busy. While we were walking away, the woman´s daughter (about 20 years old) came running out of the house, and yelled desperately ¨WAIT! I want to hear your message! Do you have time to share it?!¨ Of course we did! We shared the first lesson (restoration), and the whole time she was wide eyed and very attentive. At the end she cried and said that she was feeling the feeling that she had been searching for for a few years. Her name is Yohana. She actually lives in Bariloche, but she´s visiting her mom right now. She leaves in two weeks. We´re hoping to put her on date next lesson, and we´re hoping she´ll be ready in time to baptize here, and not in Bariloche. But if she is baptized here or not, I am pretty sure she is going to join the church, and I happy to know that we were where we needed to be to help someone come unto Christ. It´s a great feeling! And it´s why I´m here!

A few of the things I love about Argentina:

How dramatic the people are.

Their steak. You all know that I have never liked steak. But now I know that it is because Americans don´t know how to cook it correctly.

Argentina invented the shoes we now call Toms. Except, here they don´t have the brand Toms. Instead, the are sold in grocery stores for the equivalant of $4. It´s a beautiful thing!

Alfajores. I´ve only had 4 because they are not healthy and I don´t have money. But oh my goodness I will have one suitcase full of them when I come home.


I love you all! Have a great week! I know that I will!

Love,
Hna. Bretleigh Sandorf

No comments: