Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Argentina #7

This week was crazy! We worked harder than we probably ever have, and yet we had the smallest number of new investigators and progressing investigators that we´ve ever had. Friday night during our nightly planning session, we both had a melt down and bawled for an hour- something that has never happened before because we are both really positive most of the time. It was weird. But we just lost it after a lesson with a woman that we had really high hopes for, and she turned down the invitation to be baptized over and over again. But preach my gospel says that you are successful when you do all that you can, so in that sense we were very successful! We put one more person on date for baptism yesterday, and so our day ended much more happy. We have a ton of referals, but every one is on vacation! and so we haven´t been able to contact very many. But school starts again in a couple weeks, so hopefully every one will return soon.


So we walked past a church last night during their service hour, and we could hear rock music playing inside. We we looked inside, there was a live rock band and a ton of people dancing and the lights were going crazy. It was like a high school stomp, but it was a church service.......yep.

Dad, remember how when we ate that pizza at the Argentine corner, we were obsessed with that cheese because it was so creamy? Yeah, that is normal household cheese. It´s so good! But no Mom, I don´t eat very much of it. Don´t worry. We don´t have money to buy cheese very often. We only eat breakfast at our house, and we pretty much eat cereal, yogurt and fruit that the members give us all of the time. Dinner doesn´t exist here most of the time. Lunch is so huge, that the people only eat a little snack at like 8:00 pm.

So tomorrow we have a Zone Conference in Comodoro Rivadavia. We are heading to Caleta Olivia this afternoon, and tomorrow morning we take a bus to Comodoro. I´m excited! All of the missionaries love the bus rides because we have the opportunity to sleep! Haha. I don´t know if I already told you, but the buses here are way luxury. The seats recline completely, and for long busrides they serve you meals. It is just like an airplane, except the seats are even more comfortable.

Last week I recieved the Christmas card/poster from the Ward! LOVE IT! I taped on my wall, and so everymorning I wake up and see it there! So happy!

Ok I don´t have much else to say. I´m working hard. I´m learning a lot of Castellano. I´m drinking 3 liters of water a day (a new mission rule while it´s so hot). I am meeting and teaching a lot of wonderful people. I am happy I am where I am.

Love you all! Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Hna. Bretleigh Sandorf

No comments: