Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Argentina #39



Hello Everyone! How are all doing?!

Caleb and Kira, congratulations on your baptism!!!! I am so happy for you both! Remember when I played the piano for John´s baptism? Disaster! haha

So this week was AWESOME!!!!!

Saturday was the Cutural Event of the Church in Argentina to celebrate the Temple Dedication.
We went to the Stake center to see the Celebration through Satellite. It was broadcast from Buenos Aires. Elder Ballard, Elder Cristofferson, and President Eyring came for the dedication. Elder Cristofferson served in Argentina, and his spanish is super Argentino! It was great! The youth danced a bunch of traditional dances of Argentina and the they had Missionaries and returned missionaries come out onto the stadium to sing ¨Called to Serve¨ with the Youth and the Primary kids. I LOVED it!!!! And everyone needs to youtube the dance ¨Malambo¨ from Argentina because it is the coolest thing I have ever seen!

Yesterday was the Temple dedication. Of all the dedications I have been to (and there have been quite a few), this was by far my favorite. I don´t know if it´s because now I´ve gone through the temple, or what, but I was just so happy! I think it´s also because it´s an entire country that has been looking forward to this day for four years. I have seen the sacrifices that the members here have made to go to the temple, and how much they value the temple. They realize what a huge blessing it is in their lives. So it just gave the dedication a special feeling.

I am just so grateful for the temple. Now that I haven´t been able to go in such a long time, I realize even more how important it is. And it keeps me living the Gospel so that I never have to experience not being able to enter the temple. It´s about the worst thing I can think of. All of my life I have lived 10  minutes away from the temple. It´s a huge blessing!!!! Take advantage of it!!!

haha, ok, my preachyness is over. Transfers are next week, so we will see what happens! The members here in Limay joke that I should just by the apartment  and ask for visiting teachers  because I will be here forever haha.

I love you all and hope that you have a great week!

No comments: