Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Argentina #44


Hello! How are you all doing?! I am just happy as can be!

So right now we have three couples working on their papers to get married. It takes about four to eight weeks to do the papers and get married. It´s a little frustrating, but it´s a blessing that they all want to get married so that they can get baptized! We have seen lots of miracles! I just hope that I am here for their baptisms!

I never end up with much time to write you guys. My letters to President have started to get a little lengthy haha so I have less time to write you all. Sorry. But I do have a funny and a little awkward story to tell you.

Last week I had to go do the papers to renew my visa. There were a bunch of police man and government officials in the building everwhere. I was sitting with the policeman who was doing my papers. There was another policeman in the room, and Elder Arenas, our mission secretary. Here is the converstion that happened.
Policeman: Did you go to school before your mission?
Me: Yes. For two years.
P: What were you studying?
Me: Music.
Elder Arenas: Yeah! She sings so well! I sat next to her the other day in a meeting and heard her sing! It´s so incredible!
Both of the Policemen: Sing something!
Me:....uh...no....
P: Yes!
Elder: Sing Hermana!
P: Please!
this went for five minutes finally I said ok. Elder Arenas left the room, and I started to sing ¨I never knew his name¨ from Civil War

When I finished, the whole building started clapping and cheering. What had happened is that when Elder Arenas left the room, he went to all of the offices and told them that I would be singing. They were all listening behind the door. There were like fifty people listening! I was so embarrassed. And Elder Arenas and has told everyone what happened and so everyone asks makes fun of me- missionaries, members, policeman....yep.

ok I have to go.

Love you all!

Hermana sandorf

No comments: