Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Argentina #42

Hello everyone!


So this week so much has happened! I am so exhausted. We are going to sleep for our pday because we are emotionally drained (but with happiness!).

Marcelo and Aluminé were baptized this weekend! FINALLY!!!!! It was all a huge miracle and I don´t really know what we did differently but the Spirit definitely guided us. We talked with them Tuesday, and put the date for Saturday and they really were baptized! And Hna. Santiago was so happy to have her first baptism! It made me even happier!

ok, other huge miracle. I don´t remember what I have already told you...

In May, when I was with Hna. Cruz, a woman stopped us in the street and told us she wanted to be baptized. Her whole family had been baptized when she was 3, but by the time she turned 8 they had become inactive. Ever since then she has wanted to be baptized in the church but she didn´t know how to do it.Her name is Karina.  Her boyfriend, Francisco, was baptized when he was 10 but his family stopped going shortly after. They decided that they would look for missionaries.

So when Karina stopped us in the street, we were really excited! But she lived in the area of the Elders. The elders went a couple of times and then stopped!

So last transfer, when they took the Elders out of Limay, I immediately thought of her. We tried to find her but she was never home. My last week with Hna. Ibañez we found her. And when she saw us and we told her that we would be teaching her, she started to cry. She said that months ago when she had seen us in the street, she saw my face and she knew that I was the person who had come to teach her the gospel (and the funny part is that they day before she told me that, I told my companion that I didn´t know why I was put in this mission specifically, or why I have to be in Limay such a long time. Now I know!), and so she was confused when the Elders came. That was three weeks ago, and ever since then she has been the perfect investigator. She comes to church, reads the Book of Mormon, lives the word of wisdom etc. Her boyfriend too. But the other day when we taught them the Law of Chastity (they live together) they told us that they would NOT get married. We invited them to pray and ask God if He wants them to get married. Last night they told us that they were walking down the street, and someone from another church handed them a paper with wedding rings and a scripture from the bible about marriage on it. They took it as their answer! But it takes time to get married here in argentina so it might be a while, but they are getting married!

I Love being a missionary! And I am so grateful for this opportunity! There are miracles everywhere!

Have a great week!

Love,


Bretleigh

No comments: