Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Argentina #16


Hello, everyone. My heart is a little bit broken today. Remember Maria? She asked US to be baptized during a lesson a few weeks ago. But she lived with her boyfriend and he did NOT want her to be baptized. and so we didn´t know what to do. Until one day we went to a lesson with her 2 weeks ago, and she had separated from her boyfriend because she wanted to be baptized! We were amazed! We never even mentioned separation. She was super excited and so many miracles continued to happen in her life. And this last Thursday she had her baptismal interview and everything was great and she was so happy! Like I have never seen anyone as happy as she was as we told her about the plans for her baptism. But hours before her baptism, he ex called her and apologized for the way he had treated her, and blah blah blah, and said that if she didn´t get baptized he would change and become a better person. And she bought it. She backed out of her baptism. She told us, ¨I know that God prepared a way for me to be baptized, and I know that I am making a bad decision, but I love him, and he´s going to change.¨ Oh my gosh you all know how much I can´t stand those words, ¨But I love him¨. It is the dumbest excuse ever! If I ever even think about giving up my life dreams for a man somebody please slap me!!! Because it is the stupidest thing ever! Ugh!

Ok, this email sounds like I am mad. Actually I´m not. I´m just sad and dissapointed. Not with God, because He did everything in His power for Maria. And not with me, because I know we also did everything in our power. I´m just sad that someone that I love very much knowingly made a bad choice, and now she will have to suffer the consequences. But oh well. Agency is what we fought for before we came here, right?

Other than that, I am happy! And I am super excited for General Conference! It´s in Caleta, so I will be with my whole Zone this Weekend. And this weekend is also transfers, but we won´t be in our areas to be able to pack and say goodbye to people, so I don´t know how this is going to all work out. It´s going to be crazy!

It´s starting to get really cold here is Pico Truncado! It still messes with my mind that we are in opposite seasons!

I love you all! And I hope that you LOVE General Conference! Have a great week!

Hermana Sandorf

No comments: