Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Argentina #27



Hello Everyone! How are you all doing? I am great! But it´s getting really cold here! And here if it´s cold, no one wants to do anything. The people don´t go to work, the kids don´t go to school, the members don´t all show up to church! All because ¨hace frio¨. And I always want to tell them that that is the stupidest excuse, but obviously, as a missionary, I can´t do that. So I just think it in my head and smile.

We had our last conference with Presidente and Hermana Peterson. We each had a little interview with the two of them, and they said ¨Hermana Sandorf, we are so happy that we live in the same city as you so that we can watch you become a wife and mother and see you apply the things you learned on your mission for the rest of your life¨. So basically my mission president is going to stalk me for the rest of my life to make sure I turn out ok- How is that for pressure? haha just kidding I am way happy that we will always be able to keep in touch so easily!

One of our successes lately has been with an inactive family. We´ve been working with them my whole time in Limay. They started to come to church again 2 months ago and yesterday the son recieved the Melchesidek Priesthood (I can´t remember how to spell it in English). Hna. Cruz said goodbye to them yesterday and it was really sad because we´ve become really close with them!

So many changes are coming! Our New Mission President arrives July 30. Transfers are next week! Again?! My mission is flying by, and I don´t want it to! Also, Argentina is being really stinky with the visas. Very few of the missionaries from other countries have been able to enter. Next week only the missionaries from Argentina will be able to come. It´s especially a problem with the Hermanas because we are losing 10 hermanas and recieving 1. There are similar problems in all the missions in Argentina. A lot of mission presidents are having to close areas because they aren´t as many missionaries anymore. Hopefully the problem ends soon!

We have some big miracles coming! We will be having a baptism this Saturday! I´m pretty excited!

I hope you are all doing well! Love you!

Hermana Sandorf

No comments: