Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Argentina #29


Hello!

So remember last week when I was freaking out about my mini missionary? I shouldn´t have worried about it because my companion is AWESOME!!!! My companion is Hermana Di Stéfano and she is from San Martin de los Andes. And we worked so hard this last week! I am still exhausted, although I think it´s because I am still recovering from my sinus infection. It was terrible! I have never had something like this in my life! I don´t understand why I get so sick here. Actually yeah I do....I shake hands with the entire world here! And I eat food that is made my people who have never heard of food safety. But it´s ok! Part of the experience.The other day my zone leaders sent elders over to give me a blessing because they said they couldn´t stand to hear me talk with my nose plugged up and coughing and everything. And now the last day or two I have felt better. Yay!

So we did not have a baptism last week because Norberto was in the hospital. And now he´s having a bunch of studies and everything done and is really depressed that his health is declining and doesn´t want to be baptized now in this situation. Ugh! What a stinker! haha He is such a stubborn old man!  He comes to church, reads the Book of Mormon, and prays. He passed the baptismal interview. Now we just have to find his doubts or fears and work through them. For some it´s a longer process, I guess.

 We have found more little kids to baptize, Aluminé and Marcelo. Aluminé (she´s 9) is the sister of a less active member. Marcelo (10) is her nephew. They are so great and so excited to be baptized. At the beginning of my mission I was against baptizing children because they can go inactive really easily. But Elder Aidukatis (in our Area Presidency) gave council a few months ago that we need to baptize children also because everyone needs this ordinance, and that someday they will remember and come back to the church. Plus, Leo and Julieta are going strong and coming to church and everything still, so now I feel better about baptizing children. I still don´t search them out, they just seem to show up!

Presidente and Hermana Lovell got here yesterday, and we will meet them Thursday. It´s been crazy! Since we´re right by the office and share the church with the office we have seen all of the behind the scenes chaos! haha but I think now everything is under control.

So that is what is going on right now! I hope you all have great week celebrating the 4th of July! I totally forgot about it until I read mom´s letter! You do not even know how blessed you are to live in the United States! I will be celebrating Independence Day the 9th of July, because that is when Argentina became independent. Hna. Di Stéfano loves history too, and so someone is FINALLY teaching me the history of Argentina!

Love you all!

Hermana Sandorf

No comments: