Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Argentina #32


Hello dearest Family,

This week has been very interesting. We found an awesome family! The dream of every missionary. They are not married, but we can change that! They are so great! We have also found a couple of other great people! And although Satan is working hard to keep Aluminé and Marcelo from getting baptized this Saturday, I have faith that everything will work out great.

On the down side, yesterday I was throwing up and felt totally miserable. At about 10:00 pm, I was lying next to the toilet hating my life, and President Lovell called me to tell me that Papa had passed away. I was so tired and out of it, all I could say was "....oh....". And then I went back to sleep. Then a couple of hours later I returned to the bathroom to throw up, and I just felt so alone and upset. Being sick when you are thousands of miles away from your family is one of the worst feelings ever. So I was kneeling there barfing and feeling so distraught, and then all of the sudden, I felt a hand pat my back, and a huge feeling of peace (probably the strongest feeling of peace I have ever felt) came over me. And in that moment I knew that my Papa was with me, because no one else pats people´s backs like he does. And I felt happy.

 And I still feel happy. I know that he is totally having a blast seeing his parents and is jogging and exercising and I am just so happy for him! And I am glad that I didn´t have to see him suffer, so I can just remember him as the energetic man I said goodbye to in September.

I know that families are Eternal, and I am so glad that I have the opportunity to share this knowledge that makes me so happy and gives me peace. In the mission, so many people that we talk to ask us what happens to people when they die, or if we exist after this life. And I am always filled with joy to be able to give them the answer!

I love you all so much! You are in my prayers! I know that you are all strong and can handle the difficulties that lie ahead this week with the funeral and everything. We are one tough family! Our little family song came into my head this morning and it gave me a boost! Ya! I am a Sandorf/Wootton! It´s so great! Ok, I am done being a cheerleader now....talk to you next week!

Love,

Hermana Sandorf

No comments: