Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Argentina #19


So this week we had Zone Conference, and it was awesome! I learned a lot. And our song went really well. It was the last Zone conference with President Peterson, so that was pretty sad for us. The next day, Hna. Cruz woke up extrememly sick with severe pain, and it was really terrible. I was very concerned, and we couldn´t call Hna Peterson because they left for Uruguay for a conference, and so I talked to the Assitants but they don´t really know anything or where a good clinic is, and so I had to use my own judgment. Oh. Boy. But luckily I have practically every remedy in the world and have watched my mom take care of people all my life, and so I knew what to do! And now she is all better! Yay!

So there is an ice cream shop chain here in Argentina called Grido. And it really is the best thing ever. There wasn´t one in Pico, and so we could only go when we went to Caleta or Comodoro. But now, it´s everywhere! And every p-day, all of the missionaries of our zone meet up at Grido, and we eat the most delicious ice cream ever. And it is super inexpensive too.

So I don´t like to say when we are going to have a baptism because I´m always afraid that I will jinx it. I know- I need more faith. But I am sure that we are going to have a baptism this Saturday! It´s all planned, and as far as I can tell everything will go smoothly. I´ll tell you more about it next week after the baptism.

I can´t believe how fast the time is going. Yesterday I was talking with Elder Presley, the secretary about my first day in Argentina, because he was saying how I didn´t say anything that entire day. I was in shock haha. But so much has changed since then, and I can speak Castellano now! Yeah, I don´t know every word in the world, and sometimes I have to stop and think about how I should congegate a verb, but for the most part I can do everything I need to with the amount I speak. Obviously, I want to learn more and speak like an Argentine, but the worst part is over! haha

Oh, and I figured out exactly where I am! My area is in the southern part of the City Neuquen, to the west of the mission office. Hope that helps!

Love you guys! Have a great week!

Love,

Hermana Sandorf


No comments: