Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Argentina #24


Hello everyone!
So this week was a bit difficult because it is a party week in Argentina. May 25 is the day of their revolution. I am not sure how the story goes exactly, I have asked a ton of people and the story is always different. The thing is is no one here knows much about history. It bugs me because that is exactly what I want to know about Argentina! haha but that is ok!

So on May 25, we worked as usual (all the Argentine missionaries were a bit bugged by that), but for lunch we went to the church for their activity. They sang their national hymn (it´s pretty cool, but nobody knows the words very well here), and then we ate the traditional food: Locro! It pretty much stew/chili. It has every meat, bean, and vegetable possible in it, with cheese and cilantro and it pretty good! Not too flavorful (nothing here has much flavor), but yummy. I enjoyed myself.

It was hard to find new investigators this week because everyone was on vacation and partying. But we found a couple of awesome people!

Also, Leo is the greatest little convert ever! He comes to every activity, and every sacrament meeting. He makes his family pray together and read their scriptures. He is just so great! It makes me way happy.

So I hope everyone at home keeps on being happy even though Papa is sick. We are so blessed to have such a united family! Seriously I feel so blessed!

I love you guys!

Bretleigh

No comments: