Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Argentina #20


Hello! How is everybody doing today? I have had a great week!

Thank you for the package! I LOVED IT!!! But I think Hna. Cruz was even more excited than me. She has now tried reeses, rolos, macaroni and cheese, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. And she loves it all! It´s so weird that before now I never would have gotten so excited about these kinds of things. Do you know what I did today for lunch? I went to McDonalds. My first fast food in my mission. Hna. Cruz has never been, and the Elders in my district wanted to go, so we went! And it was actually really yummy! But now I am disgusted with myself haha. Don´t think I am going back anytime soon!

We had a baptism this weekend! Leo was baptized. He is eleven years old. He has been going to church with his friend for years but the missionaries never tried to teach him. Hna. Cruz and her last companion taught him and his mother one lesson, and then I came to Limay and we kept teaching, and Leo wanted to be baptized. He is the sweetest kid! And he reads his scriptures and prays everyday. Now his step dad is listening to our lessons too, and he wants to be baptized, but they are not married so it´s gonna take awhile. But we are working hard to get the whole family baptized!

Also, we had a recent convert, (the last baptism before I got here), who passed away on Friday. Hna Cruz is really sad, but now we realize even more how important this work really is! Because of Hector´s baptism, he is now in Paradise, in a peaceful state. Wow. I am really so happy to be a missionary! I really just love it.

I love you all!

Hna. Bretleigh Sandorf

No comments: