Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Monday, April 29, 2013

Argentina #53

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!! FELICES FIESTAS!!!! 

Where in the heck has this year gone?! I have no clue!

So this is what happened this week:

We started our plan to gain the confidence of the members. We also knocked a bajillion doors. And e found a Family to teach! And they are really sweet. We´ll see what happens with them. It kind of boosted our spirits a lot! 

Then the office called me saying that Hna. Cedro, the choir director of Limay, and my favorite person ever, asked President Lovell if I could come back and sing in the Limay ward activity and in the Stake activity. He said yes! I was way excited!

So Saturday in the early morning we had to go to the Neuquén Oeste stake center. We had interviews and a mini zone conference. Then we went back to Centenario and we participated in the Ward Nativity Scene as Nephites (it included both continents waiting for the birth of the Savior) and the choir. And then the APs picked us up and took us to Limay! And it felt like I hadn´t been there forever! The reunions between me and Hna. Santiago and Hna. Cedro were so happy! And so we sang 5 songs in the Christmas program. It was a beautiful program. President even went to it and was so complimentary and told me he was happy to let me sing in Limay. When you think about how we are at the end of the world where no one has much music training, the ward choir is a miracle! That night I went back to Centenario super happy! 

Sunday we went to church, then we ate asado with a family, and then we took a bus to Neuquén to sing in the Stake concert in the center of the City. And we were with the whole Neuquén Zone, all of the missionaries that are my friends. And we only sang a little bit in this because it started late and we couldn´t miss our curfew. The Cedros took us home and we had a sad little goodbye at the end. Hno. Cedro said that I am his favorite missionary ever! And he has known a lot, so that was a huge compliment haha. 
Fetch I love Limay! Expecially after seeing how Centenario is. But I am happy to be hear! We are seeing miracles, slowly but surely. 

So now we have pday until tomorrow at 9:30 pm. And we can be out until 11:30 tonight, and we don´t have to go to bed until 12:30, and we can get up at 9:30 am tomorrow! The thing is that here Christmas is the 24th starting at about 8 pm, and all of the celebrations happen at midnight, and tommorow every one sleeps so we would miss any kind of celebration if we had normal hours. We are going to spend the evening with Familia Arce, the dad is first counselor in the Bishopric. 

I love you all and I hope you have a merry Christmas! Talk to you tomorrow! 

Hna. Bretleigh Sandorf

No comments: