Some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, or end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-Gilda Radner

Monday, April 29, 2013

Argentina #54 (December 31)

http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#new-years-look-not-behind-thee

Everyone should watch this video! Most of you have probably seen it! But I love it and never get sick of it! 

This week has been great! It was so good to talk to so many of you! haha mom I didn´t realize that I was talking slow at first! I was way proud of my English! 

So Christmas Eve we had a Family night with Familia Arce and the we ate the best dinner ever: A bunch of Salads, fire-cooked Lamb, and grilled chicken stuffed with ham, cheese, onions and carrots. Then we had a ton of desserts. My companion ate more that anyone else- More than either of the Elders or the dad haha. Best Christmas dinner of my life. Seriously! 

And, we finally have some baptismal dates. On my first Sunday here, an man, David, came to church. He´s like 84, and he had had a baptismal date a few months ago but there were a few commandments that he didn´t want to live so he decided to not be baptized. But he continued going to church every Sunday. So we decided to teach him again because if he is going to church, he has the desire to change. We went to his house, and come to find out, he´s been keeping these commandments for about 7 weeks now. We set a baptismal date with him for Jan 12. He really wants to be baptized and be rid of his sins, but he is a little nervous that after his baptism he´ll go back to being the way he way. But we keep promising him that with the Holy Ghost, it will be easier to keep the commandment. I am pretty sure he´ll be baptized the 12! We have another baptismal date with Ana, a woman in her 60s, but it is hard for her to quit praying to the Virgin. haha but she´s coming along nicely, but SLOWLY. 

I hope everyone has a happy new Year! We will be eating dinner with Familia Flores, and then tomorrow our zone is going to get together to choripan. Yummy! 

I can´t believe how fast this year went by! I am a little bit sad to start 2013. I just spent 1 complete year being a missionary, being a representative of Jesus Christ. It can´t get better than that. But that is why I have watched the video I posted above many times. It helps me know that there is always something better ahead. Always. 

¡¡¡¡¡¡FELIZ AÑO NUEVO!!!!!


Hermana Sandorf

No comments: